December 6, 2010
Last summer, CHANGING BEHAVIOUR hosted a competition for slogans, maxims, sayings and ‘bons mots’ that reflect the best insights in an emerging culture of energy saving practice. Our jury picked the 12 best slogans, which are:
- The sure way to predict the future is to invent it.
- One good action repeated a million times creates global change.
- Energy efficiency is a journey, not a destination.
- Less energy consumed today, more resources left for our children!
- Nothing is permanent (Buddha): If you are promoting change, you need to first see the change that is ongoing.
- Energy saving can become a common practice if you show people how others are doing it.
- Give your car a holiday!
- If you do not have what you need to change, then change what you need.
- Change is constant – the trick is to make it permanent.
- Energy efficiency is the answer! What is the question?
- Be the change you want to see in the world ! - Mahatma Gandhi
- The only people who never save energy are those who never try
The winners of the competition are James Noakes (Wigan Council, UK); Sadhu Saha (Paramakudi, India); Anca Bieru (Green Building Council, Romania), Claudia Bruhn (Verbraucherzentrale NRW, Germany), Simon Robinson (Manchester Knowledge Capital, UK), Mikael Johnson and Eva Heiskanen (National Consumer Research Centre, Finland). The winners will receive a printed version of the Make Energy Change Happen in 2011 Calendar. Thanks for your creativity!!
You can download a pdf version of the calendar calendar_2011_web (3.88 MB).